Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

More Coasters!

The yellow coasters above are made using a pattern called 'Norwegian Coasters'. I find the shape is not quite right for me as they are not square. I modified the pattern to suit myself and made the white coasters on the right plus the matching doily which i quite like and makes a nice set. They could even be used on a dressing table as a duchess set but think they would need to be a bit bigger.



 I finished another of the coral coloured coasters that Pammy Sue and Pat liked  to make up the pair. I have enough of that colour to make a matching doily and I am very tempted to do that just to finish the set

 I think I've made about 20 coasters at present so I have gone from 'no' crochet to 'flat out' crochet Lol... Not sure what to do with them all at present but i did think that maybe when (if) my followers get to '20', I will probably do a draw and send some of them to a few followers who would like them. No point passing them on to my family members, although my grandaughters love getting something I've made, none of them are married yet and still live at home with their parents and niether of my d-i-l's are interested in crochet unless it's a crocheted washer for the shower, they love those. So what do you ladies think?? Anyone interested in maybe getting some coasters as a gift?? Do leave me a comment with any ideas you may have.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Tina,
I have many ideas for your beautiful crochet :))
I love the coral coloured coasters a doily would go very well them :))
hugs pat :))

Christina Broad said...

Hi Pat... Lots of ideas you say! You will have to let me in on them so i have them too Lol..
Hugs
:))

Creative K said...

ooh Tina I would love some coasters! I know this sounds cheeky!
I really admire your coasters and doileys, I havn't made any yet but they just look so pretty :)
Kate, Burnie

Christina Broad said...

Hi Kate, not cheeky at all... That is the idea, leave a commment and you will go into the draw. I was going to wait for more followers but if anyone else is having as much trouble as i am following other blogs, there may not be anyone else that would like to be a follower. so you, Pat and Pammy Sue are all in the draw.... :))

Danielle said...

Hi! Im a new follower! Your coasters are just beautiful. The Coral is for sure my favorite, such a sharp color. I am thinking of trying them on my own!!

Christina Broad said...

Hi Danielle and welcome! I am glad you like the coasters and your name will be in the draw.. Good luck.. :))