Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Home Made Pasties!

Well finally... Been wanting to make pasties for simply ages but kept forgetting to get the ingredients together all at the same time so yesterday was the day...  I ended up with 32 beautiful golden pasties and as we had had a rather large chicken lunch, they were just right for our evening meal.. Goodness, it's been a long time since we had anything like that for dinner but they were scrumptious and there are still lots left over in the freezer for whenever.. Yumm.. Lol...

 Pastie Recipe.


The ingredients are: 500 grams lamb mince
2 large swedes, 3 large carrots, 4 large potatoes. I large onion. Grate the potatoes and then rinse thoroughly through a sieve and squeeze dry as much as possible, You can use a clean tea towel or paper towel for this.
2 chicken stock cubes or 2 tspns stock powder, black pepper (lots)
6 sheets puff pastry rolled as thin as possible and cut out circles. I use an ordinary soup or cereal bowl for the shape, it's a little bigger than a saucer.Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Wet half the edge of a circle with water and place a small dessertspoon of mix on half the pastry. Fold over until the edges meet and press together, crinkle the edges with your fingers or a fork. Preheat oven to 220o c. Place pasties on tray covered with baking paper and place in oven turning oven down to 180o c. Cook for 30 mins. Allow to cool slightly before sampling. Enjoy!!
 I like to grate my ingredients because that's the way my boys liked them.
 Ready to go into the oven.
Mmmm... Yummm.... Ready to eat...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOh they look so yummy... thanks for the recipe :))
Happy Mothers Day tomorrow Tina :))

Christina Broad said...

Thanks Pat... Hope you have a great day too.. :))

Aussie Maria said...

One of my favourite meals/snack. Yours look so delicious

Christina Broad said...

Thanks Maria.. I love pasties too, especially home made. :))

DaCraftyLady said...

I have never had this but it looks so good that I am going to make them and post them on my recipe blog and link back to you...what a delicious treat.. :) Debb