Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 27, 2012

Bushfire Season is Here!!

As I posted on Saturday, yesterday we had a day trip to our capital city of Hobart in the southern part of our state, a drive of about 250 klm's from here. We had a lovely day even though the temperature was in the high 30's. The forecast was for 39 degrees but I think it was a few degrees less than that. We had planned to have dinner at a small hotel in Ross on the way back, which is a bit less than halfway home, but by chance, the cd we had enjoyed all the way from Hobart ( love the Beach Boys Lol...) had finished and as I removed it from the player, their was a fire warning related to the highway we were traveling on, on the radio. Providence stepping in once again because if we had stopped  for dinner we wouldn't have made it home anytime soon. We were very fortunate to make it through but thank the Lord, we did.  Here are a few pics I took with my phone through the window so they are not as clear as I would like but I didn't want smoke or sparks getting in the car, they said on the radio that the fire was sending sparks up to 300 meters ahead  causing spot fires and I didn't want to take the chance.

Not far from the highway here.
 Our boys on the job God bless them all..






7 comments:

Dahra said...

Your photos are crazy. My partner had to drive down to Hobart early this morning. We were both worried that they may have blocked off the highway or something. But highway wasnt closed, may have been a different story if it didnt rain last night. Bushfire seanson is scarey.

Christina Broad said...

It sure is.. The rain is a blessing at any time but times like this especially.. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.. :))

Dorothy said...

Glad to hear that you got home ok and are safe. Bushfires scare me - in fact any fire scares me but when they get out of control they're absolutely terrifying. Here's hoping for lots of rain. Take care.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a safe trip Tina :))

Christina Broad said...

Thanks Dorothy & Pat... Thank goodness we had a slight change in temperature with a little bit of rain. It made it a bit easier for our fireies to get it under control.. :))

xo.sorcha.ox said...

We had a few fires in the Flinders over summer, one only a few kilometres from us. For me it was the first bushfire season with an actual bushfire: They are very surreal!
~S.

Christina Broad said...

They sure are Sorcha. (love your name by the way :) A bit scary at times.. :)